Sunday, May 22, 2011

Teacher's Gifts

TEACHER'S GIFTS


Its the end of the school year, and I wanted something cute and creative for my kids' teachers. This year, my son had 3 (preschool) and my daughter had 1. So I needed a total of 4. I found so many great ideas, and ended up making all of them in 1. hehe

My husband cut 1-foot by 1-food by 1-inch pieces of wood for me.

Sand down the edges and get rid of any splinters. Take a damp cloth and wipe it clean of any sawdust.

Spray paint the front with chalk-board paint. Dry. Spray, Dry. Spray. Dry. [at least 3 layers for wood, it soaks in a lot]


When the final layer is dry, tear pieces of paper, and using tacky-glue mixture [part tacky glue, part water] start gluing, covering the edges and making a nice border. Let that dry.



This is when I added butterfly punch-outs--be creative!


Twist in 2 eyelets on the top and thread in ribbon and tie a pretty bow.


The back is a great place to write the teacher a note of appreciation and who its from ect.


I hope the teacher like it!

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...